Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for more information after reading the General Information and Task Descriptions here you can find some FAQ.
1. When will the event take place and how long shall I be available?
The EYOF 2017 will be held between the 23th and the 29th of July 2017.Please consider that you must be available during the whole event. At specific areas (please find them at the task description) longer availability will be needed.
2. What are the benefits of being an EYOF volunteer
Each volunteer will have a unique experience of the EYOF. Besides their own personal memories volunteers will receive a complete uniform, exclusive EYOF gifts, meals on their working days in exchange their precious help.
3. I am from abroad. Is there anyone to help me to find accommodation?
Yes, this issue cannot be a barrier of your application! Foreign volunteers will be hosted in different dormitories in Győr. More information coming soon.
4. How long can I apply?
The application period is already closed by the middle of March.
5. What is the minimum age to apply for the volunteer program?
We are able to accept only those applicants who reach the age of 14 by the beginning of the event.
6. Where do I get new information about the next steps?
As in the background we are continuously working on the preparations we will not be in a daily connection with you but you don’t have to worry about this! After you get the invitation letters, we will contact you about the next steps via email and/or the volunteer portal.
7. When will I receive the Letter of Invitation?
Our aim is to find the most suitable and committed volunteers as soon as possible in order to give some time for the preparation before the event. The letter of invitation will be sent after the end of the selection process from the second half of March.
8. Great! I am selected! Do I have any responsibilities until the Festival?
To be able to provide a special service to all the athletes, guests, supporters and volunteers the training of the workforce is essential. Within this framework the accepted volunteers have to go through a personal and/or online training session to be prepared for their tasks during the game time. Besides this your only task is to mark the EYOF2017 in your calendar and to make yourself free for the event because we are about to bring you a lifetime experience in Győr, Hungary.
9. What kind of consequences do I face if I will not be able to fulfil my task because of an unexpected reason (e.g. illness)?
Due to the nature of volunteering you will not face any consequences however in this case we expect you to clarify your situation. Nevertheless only those volunteers can enjoy the benefits of volunteering (uniform, certificate, etc.) who contribute to the event all week long.
10. How many hours will a volunteer work during the event?
Depending on the Functional Areas the shifts can last 5-8 hours a day.
11. Still having questions. Who shall I contact?
If you still have questions you can contact us on the EYOF 2017 Facebook site or via email at the firstname.lastname@example.org, but please keep it mind that during the next months we will share all the necessary information with you. Thank you!